We encourage parents as joint educators of your children. The time you spend with children at home is very valuable and we offer opportunities at Elmfield for you to develop your BSL to communicate more fully with your child at home.
We ask parents to support learning at Elmfield by making sure children come to school ready to learn.
This means making sure children:
- Are in school and arrive on time
- Wear the right uniform and the right shoes for school
- Have all the equipment they need every day
- Have completed homework tasks
- Have packed lunch or money to buy lunch
At Elmfield Secondary Department we work formally with parents in a range of ways including:
- Constructing and reviewing Individual Education Plans
- Annual review meetings
- Transition from Primary to Secondary
- Choosing KS4 Options
- Post 16 choices
A termly newsletter provides a summary of events and experiences in the school and highlights future dates. We are also pleased to invite parents in for special occasions including assemblies.