The Public Sector Equality Duty requires public authorities to have due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited by or under the Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and those who do not share it
As a school we are also required to follow the specific duties. This means we need to:
- Define one or more equality objectives that support the aims of the general duty (by 6 April 2012 and at least every four years thereafter)
- Ensure the objectives are specific and measurable
- Publish the objectives so that they are accessible to the public.
Our main aims as a school are to drive up standards and to achieve a greater equality of opportunity for our Deaf students.
Equality Duty Policy 2015-2017
Please click here to view our Public Sector Equality Duty Policy and Plan (including aspects of accessibility).