At Elmfield School we promote high achievement and learning for life by working with deaf children to:
- See themselves as valued members of the community
- Become fluent and effective communicators
- Become highly motivated life-long learners who are prepared for work and adult life
- Have high self esteem respecting themselves, others and the environment
- Gain up to date skills in ICT and embrace technology
- To be confident in working independently and collaboratively and take responsibility for their own learning
- Achieve in all areas of the curriculum and reach their full potential
- Be happy, healthy and emotionally content.
Each year we aim to further improve what we can offer students to ensure they continue to make excellent progress and plan a clear focus on key areas which we think we can make even better.
This year these are the areas that we will be focussing on:
- Raising attainment in English and across the curriculum
- Developing learners who are engaged and motivated
- Developing pupil understanding of their own achievement and how to improve.